School Chefs you can Trust
All of Our Chefs have an Enhanced DBS, with the update service.
You can trust that the school chef we supply will be fully compliant to work in your school kitchen and prior to starting with you, our chef will bring along their latest DBS certificate.
- All The Chef Tree chefs have extensive experience of working within an educational environment and will have completed our bespoke in-house training, giving them a secure and up to date understanding of the demands of a school kitchen.
- We have used our extensive experience of working in school kitchens to design a training course that equips all of our school chefs with the key knowledge required to work well within a school kitchen. Working with experienced catering managers and school chefs we are able to train our chefs effectively so that they are ready to work as soon as they step foot into any school kitchen.
- Safeguarding – We know that safeguarding is of paramount importance when working within a school environment which is why we ensure that all of our school chefs have a secure, up to date knowledge of school safeguarding issues.
- Allergens – The health and well-being of the children our chefs cook for is a priority for The Chef Tree. With the increase of allergies at school age it is vital that our chefs have the knowledge to follow your school allergen system.
- Batch cooking – All of our school chefs have the knowledge, skills and ability to meet the high demands of school batch cooking and will have the experience of cooking for high numbers of pupils in a school setting.
- Health and Safety – All of our chefs have a minimum of Level 2 Food Hygiene, and often above. We ensure our chefs keep up to date with Food Hygiene courses.
- Etiquette in Schools – We understand that working in an educational environment is very different to working in a restaurant. Our school chefs have a secure knowledge of the behaviours required and will always work calmly, no matter the pressure they are under.
- Reliability – All chefs who work with The Chef Tree must confirm on a daily basis that they are able to complete their shift, via our automated text system, giving you the peace of mind that your chef will arrive on time and with the right attitude to complete the job.
We know our chefs
Learn about our selection processes and checks
Your chef will be reliable!
We pride ourselves on having a 98% job fulfilment track record.
Our double check-in system
Our chefs confirm availability with us the evening before and on the morning of their shift, meaning that your chef will be there on time to serve your care home residents.
You can trust our experience…
We’ve been providing school chefs (and the entire catering industry!) for over 11 years.
In that time we’ve learnt a few things about what can potentially go wrong, from booking to service.
With that in mind we have created systems to ensure that your experience will not only be problem free but you’ll also get a school chef tailored to your exact requirements.
Step one – You’ll login to your online portal – signup is quick and easy and we’re here to guide you through this process.
Step two – You’ll tell us the dates and times you need one of our care home chefs.
Step three* – When we receive this information we’ll first look for any available chefs who have previously worked in your kitchen. By doing this we’re able to send you a care home chef who already understands your business and your kitchen’s processes and procedures.
Step four – When we find the right care home chef for your business we’ll send you their details; a photograph and some information about who they are and their experience, along with working times and their rates.
Step five – Once confirmed we will email our care home chef with the details they will need so they understand exactly what the role requires.
Step six – On the day before our care home chef is due, we use our text alert system so the chef is able to confirm their availability for the shift.
Step seven – On the morning of the shift we again send a text to our chef so they can confirm they are on their way to your business.
- In the unlikely event that our booked chef does not respond to our text alerts, we have the opportunity to backfill the role with another experienced chef. Our text system enables us to have a 98% job fulfilment record!
Step eight – When you sign off any timesheets we ask for your feedback on our chef’s performance. This allows us to respond to any issues and to coach our staff with the values they need to work well within your business.
*If we can’t provide a chef that has worked for you before we will find the best fit for your business based on the information you have provided us with.
Case Study – Monkton Coombe School
We work closely with many different schools to help identify any potential issues before they occur and help streamline their processes.
School kitchens have their own unique demands and we endeavour to exceed the expectations of all our clients.
But don’t just take our word for it…
During the COVID-19 lockdown, we set up a scheme to send pictures and drawings from school children to residents in care homes, in order to spread some joy and happiness during this difficult time. We were so thrilled with the amazing response we had from the care homes and their residents that we have decided to extend Penpal 2020. You can register for a free pack here.
Now not a good time? Why not book a call with one of our experienced office team who will happily talk through any questions or concerns you may have.
The Chefs I receive from The Chef Tree are very confident which makes my job easier - they are very helpful with a good attitude with good communication
They know about nutrition, they know about allergies I can definitely recommend The Chef Tree to any school caterer. They are excellent